If you’re running WordPress and have any sort of business that requires client relations, support, and project management, it’s possible you’ve racked your brain trying to find a “one size fits all” WordPress Project Management solution. Depending on your end goals, there may be a solution. Let’s dive in.
Identify the Problem
The first thing you need to ask yourself is, “what am I trying to accomplish?”.
For me, it was simple, the software must:
- Be self contained within WordPress
- Allow me to manage projects
- Allow me to manage time
- Be able to create Quotes and Estimates
- Include Support Ticketing so I can support my clients
- Contain some sort of Invoicing module
That’s about where the simplicity ended. There are a ton of software packages that do all of the above, but I would have to sign up through a 3rd party company and likely pay a monthly fee. What happens if that company goes out of business? Or even worse, they get hacked or lose my data?
My WordPress site is backed up regularly to an offsite location, so restoring it is just a click away. I wanted to leverage this safety net to ensure I always had a backup of my client info.
Finding a Solution
After scouring the web for what seemed like forever, I came across the CQPIM WordPress Project Management Plugin by TimelessInteractive+. This plugin far exceeded my expectations. Right out of the box, this WordPress plugin comes packed with client management, a client dashboard, a support ticketing system, and probably the most complete quoting system I’ve ever seen in a plugin. Here’s how it works:
CQPIM WordPress Project Management Workflow
The workflow goes something like this, but can be altered easily to your liking:
Once it’s setup, the process is pretty much automated. I would be doing a major disservice to the developers if I didn’t mention that these are just a few of the features packed into this plugin. Click the link above to view their sales page for a complete list.
More Features Include:
- Completely customizable email, contract, terms and milestone templates
- Responsive (and theme friendly) client dashboard
- Easily convert your website members to CQPIM Clients
- Create multiple client contacts for projects
- Optionally require deposits prior to begging a project
- Receive online payments directly from your WordPress site
- Add time to projects manually or via a jQuery timer
- Client messaging system including email piping
- PDF invoices
- Payment reminders
- Recurring invoices
- Team member support for project collaboration
- Assign custom roles to team members
- Full Support Ticket system
- Fully translatable
- Project dashboard showing open projects, tasks, and financials
- Top notch customer support by the TimelessInteractive+ team
If you ask me, the potential uses for this are endless. Whether you’re a WordPress consulting company (like mine), or a PC repair shop, any service based business using WordPress would benefit from a Project Management plugin like this. It is an all-in-one solution that will give you a firm footing to embark on a pleasant client experience, manage your projects well and ensure that you get paid promptly.
The enhancements to this product just keep coming and all for a one time purchase price of $38 (at the time of this writing). You can’t go wrong.
If this sounds like a solution that you might benefit from, be sure to see CQPIM in action in their live DEMO.
EDIT: I’ve just learned from the developer that the version 3 update is coming soon, so stay tuned for that.